Saturday, May 31, 2008

May Days

Looking back on my first week at Parsons, I have nothing but great things to say. Living and learning in Manhattan is great. I get to know the city everyday on our field trips. So far we have been to Williamsburg, Chinatown and Harlem. I enjoyed the challenge of photographing in Harlem. I found that I stook out like a soar thumb, especially because I am huge and was carrying a camera. But I found that not many people were receptive to getting there photograph taken. Regardless, I took some of my strongest pictures of the week in there.




3 comments:

Rosy said...

The photograph of the man laying in the bench i think is really interesting, the way all the attention goes lo the lower left side because of the contrast between the white shirt and the rest of the picture.
Also you captured a moment where the rush and the crowded city freezes and you can really enjoy a moment of silence and space.

Anonymous said...

I agree, and I think your pictures are gorgeous. Not all of the pictures I remember noticing this in are posted here, but I especially love the way you work with light and shadow. In the second and third picture you posted you can really see what I’m talking about. The dots of light and the darkness vs. lightness in these pictures are great. I try to work this way too, but you seem to just be a natural at it!

Oscar said...

hey partner! I love the way you use lightings, especially in the photo where the man's sleeping over a chess table. Beams of sunlight through the leaves look drowsy and languid themselves.